At each workshop, we ask for a written evaluation to help us make our program even better.
Here is what our Workshop hosts and participants are saying...
These comments are from workshops presented at:
Twin Falls State Park, WV
Canaan Valley State Park, WV
Carter Caves State Park, KY
Blue Licks Battlefield S.P., KY
What did you enjoy most?
* the hands-on learning and going out to see animal tracks
* learning uses of plants & animals, artifacts and time
* the trading camp with the 'in character' presentation helped me to enjoy and stay 'in the moment'.
* the [theme] dinner was fantastic!
* the history and medicinal plant programs
* the knowledge of the presenters and their willingness to answer all questions
* learning how to interpert environmental sign
* Great balance. I enjoyed the re-enactment and the hands-on but without the classroom we couldn't have enjoyed the rest.
Were your educational expectations met? How?
** Yes. The scavenger hunt, class, and field sessions aroused the curiosity to stop and SEE things.
** Yes. Highly recommended for 4th grade WV history classes
** Yes. Information on history, settlers, indians
** Yes. Learned a lot about culture and wildlife.
** Yes. Learned more about tracking.
** Yes. We learned a lot of stuff heading to a [scout] merit badge.
** Yes. Learning about the foods, medicines,evolution of corn, [Lenape] origins of words
** Yes. I thought the program was just going to be about animals, but I learned a lot about Indians.